We literally “cheered” when we hit the convergence of the “Narrows” for now we were in familiar territory.
The "Narrow's were a "cake walk" compared with what we had just experienced.
All in all I am glad that I did it. It is like having a baby...
You forget about what it was really like until you try it again.
ONCE do you hear me ONCE!!!!
Happy Day...all is well.
WOMAN WHO DO IT.......
CONNIE, JEN, ME, SALLY, BRENDA.......AND LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT!!!
THE END
PS:
6 Things I learned on this trip:
1.
There is a difference between a “hiker” and a “canyoneer”.
I am the former, not the later.
2.
When Brenda says “Colleen, have you read the info on this Hike”?
And I say “NO” and she says “Read it.….read it NOW”
I will be afraid….I will be very afraid…...
3.
In the immortal words of Scott C, Brenda’s husband, I will heed to his words”
“Have you looked at your driver’s license lately?”
4.
I can do anything ONCE….
Are you listening Connie and Jen?
ONCE….JUST ONCE.!!!
5.
When hiking a trail and I casually ask a hiker passing by:
“Would you let your mother do this”…
And he looks at you with total sincerity and says:
“No”
I will turn around at that moment and go back.
[This same hiker, who had a “UTE” baseball cap, saw us over the last few hard places to safety. I ask my self, would my own stranger BYU Cougar have done that? Hmmm. For at least a day I was a “UTE” fan.]
6.
Internet Joe tells you what he thinks you want to hear. He makes it sound like a fun little day hike. It took us 10.5 hours to go 10 miles. OK, so part of it was fun.. and I did it ONCE!!
THE END
REALLY!!
5 comments:
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!
I am so proud of you.
I am glad you lived to see another day.
Melanie
CRAZY!!! I still can't figure out why you guys always hike the day before the hike. You need to take a nap and relax the day before and then do the hard stuff the day after. You don't need two big hikes in a row. Just a thought....
I would have loved it! Now you can say that you have experienced a slice of what I used to do when climbing and descending from trees (except I would make my 'brake' out of rope, which I prefer to any metallic device).
Woo Hoo! Where can I sign up? Way to go! I loved your creative writing about this trip. Your an amazing woman!
Seriously small world we live in! Connie and Brenda are from my ward growing up. I love love love them both, and of course I love love love you too!!! Great pics, fun adventure! I'm proud to say I know you. And maybe, just maybe I'll join you for swimming lessons with Connie, cause um, I share with you that same quirk.
Dang water.
Post a Comment