Monday, September 15, 2008

The Annual [sometimes semi-annual "Friend Trip"


Every year Doug and I go on a trip with friends. The same friends, The "best" friends. Tomorrow I will do a "Monday Memory" about past trips. Tonight I will share this years trip to Island Park/West Yellowstone.


The Shaw's invited us to go to their new cabin about10 minutes west of West Yellowstone.



This cabin is beautiful and very roomy. It has a kitchen/ family/game room all in one with high ceilings. Master bedroom and bath on main level, full basement with work shop, two bedrooms upstairs and a loft. It came complete with furniture, big screen TV, and a deck around the cabin.

To entertain ourselves we played wii. Dennis and Lynn tried their hands at Boxing.

But the biggest competition was the bowling game between Linda and Dianne. It was a duel to the finish..


Linda won by a hair and rocked the house with her antics. This was Dianne's best game. Check out the score!!


We also went to Island park to eat dinner.

Good food, good friends, good times!


Dianne and Dennis Shaw

Linda and Dave Carver

Lynn and Maureen Peterson

Scary picture of Doug and me.

After we ate we went back to the cabin for more wii, pool, reading, blogging on the computer, early morning walks, beautiful views..............

View from the cabin....
And of course, we fit in some power naps.........

This makes it look like Doug was the only napper, but Linda won the prize.

We went to West Yellowstone one day and went to see "Lewis and Clark" at the Imax, and then did some shopping. I bought some winter running clothes for a "bargain"........and then of course, we ate some more..................




Dave was in a "funk" because his reunion was over [Ogden High 1968 he planned the whole thing]. I was pre-occupied because mine [Weber High1968] was in a week and I needed to keep up the blog. We bought Dave a "Yettie" [Big Foot] shirt to cheer him up....he is obsessed with the "Yettie'.

As usual we had a great trip and laughed a lot and just enjoyed each others company. Thanks Dennis and Dianne for a great trip and for your hospitality. By the way, they have another cabin in Island park where we have stayed before and it is for sale if anyone is in the market..........

3 comments:

Carly said...

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during the wii playing.

Jodie T Photography said...

What a beautiful cabin. It looks like you had a really nice time.

Robin said...

Eating and sleeping, sounds like my kind of vacation. I'm glad you are staying put for awhile. I missed you.