Next was a frosty 8 degree run down Stringtown road. I had to dodge the ice a little on the road, but not too bad. When I got back I took these pictures. Check out the beautiful frosty trees.


Doug and I took a trip to town to run errands, where I made some fun purchases.
Check it out!! Love these boots. Doug bought them for my Birthday.....well one must start early to celebrate one's birthday and milk it for all it's worth especially when you have been alive as long as me!!
Next I dyed my mother-in-laws hair and made a "Pineapple Pie". I know it may not sound good, but it is wonderful. Here is a picture [half gone sorry] and here is the recipe:John's Pineapple Pie
2 1/2 cups un drained crushed Pineapple in juice not syrup
2 T corn starch
1/2/cup sugar
1/4 ts salt
Mix all ingredients and cook on stove until the milky color almost disappears and the filling thickens somewhat.
Add:
1 T lemon juice
1 T Butter
Stir into mixture.
Pour into unbaked pie shell and put top crust on. Cut out a little pineapple out of the dough that is left over cause it looks cute. Brush slightly with egg white. Put the pineapple "cut out" dough in the center and cut top of pie with scissors [little slits] on top of crust. Sprinkle lightly with sugar on top. Bake in oven 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
THE END
[I bake it with those crust edges you can buy so the edges don't burn.]
When evening came we went to dinner with my friend Brenda and her husband Scott Carnahan. We got to the digs at 4:30 PM and left about 7:00 PM. This is where we went:
" Harley and Bucks"This what we ate:
And this is what we did....great conversation, great friends, a great time.................
The bottom line is......Doug was in bed by 8:30 PM, I was in bed by 10:30......and I awoke only at mid-night as I could hear Fireworks in the distance.......................................................
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!


4 comments:
I miss you. Lets go to the movies - Love your blog -
Good to see Brenda - wow! What a New Years celebration and Happy Birthday. Call me please - need your e mail address
vickie.hacking@relia.net
http://hackinghappenings.blogspot.com/
My blog:
Vickie
What a fun day. I am so glad you posted your pineapple pie recipe. I can't wait to try it.
Colleen, It's been a long time! I found your blog through Nicole's..How is life? Are you still with Radiology at McKay? I'm trying to get back into the real world after working from home for 5 years and spending a year at home with my daughter..Hope all is well:>
Post a Comment