I am on the left, Rosalie is in the middle. If I am 4 then Rosalie is 9.
Here is another picture. This one is 1968....
The year I graduated.
Rosalie is holding Allison, I think,
and I am holding Carolyn's daughter Melissa.
It looks like I am smoking a cigarette,
but it is a scratch in the picture....honest.
If I was 18.....then Rosalie was 23. Isn't she pretty?This is a picture of Rosalie as my Bridesmaid.
She is the second one from the left
on the back row with every hair in place.
Carolyn is next to her on the right.
Pretty in Pink Dotted Swiss.If I was 21, then Rosalie was 26.
The next picture was taken in 1980.
I was 9 months pregnant with Carly.
Rosalie was skinny and hip.
[Check out the "do". You got to love the "80's"]
If I was 30, Rosalie was 35.....and skinny...and through having kids.
This next picture is of Rosalie and Richard
at the Temple after one of my kids weddings.
Let's say.....1998 [cause I really don't know].
If I was 48, she was 53........and still pretty.....and skinny....
Here are some things about Rosalie...
that I can still remember.
[Note: I may need to make corrections to the following as some of these are better remembered by Rosalie than me]
- Rosalie was named after my Grandmother Rosetta Mayhew who had an apartment in our basement in Pleasant View.
- Grandma loved her best.....she taught her to crochet and quilt, and all of that stuff. They were very close. [I don't know if she really was grandma's favorite, but it makes Rosalie feel good to think that, so we all go along with it...just kidding]
- Rosalie was about 4 when she took up tap, ballet and toe dance lessons and also a little piano .
- She always had long beautiful finger nails and well, I have told you that story before.
- When I was older than young, but younger than old she let me hang out with her and her friends.......once.
- Her friends that I can still remember their names were Cheri Barker, Nayla Jones, Elaine Wayment, & Connie Johnson, I know I have forgotten someone, but what do you expect.....I am old.
- She used to work as a car hop and J & K's. Drive in. It was kind of where the Mini Mart is near 4th street and Washington Blvd.
- Rosalie was a Warriorette at Weber....complete with white marching boots.
- She used to date a guy named Mondell and was broken hearted when they broke up. I think she liked him cause he was kind of a "bad-boy". [I really don't know that, I made that part up]
- She was rescued and fell madly in love with Richard Jolley. He lived in California and they fell in love over the telephone, I know that because I could never use the telephone, because they were always talking long distant on that phone. [Neither could the neighbors,...we had party lines]
- Rosalie had the tiniest waist I have ever seen.. 18 inches...and that is the truth.
- I was always envious of her Lips and teeth. She has Movie star lips and teeth. Later I found out you could "buy" Hollywood teeth and lips ["no thanks on the lips"]...I just couldn't afford them.
- Rosalie and my voice sound just alike on the phone. It is kind of weird....even our own kids can't tell the difference.... Sometimes when I call I can even sense Richard thinking..."now where is Rosalie......oh ya, up stairs".
- Rosalie is hard of hearing [family curse]. I can talk real soft about her behind her back and she can't hear me...............but I don't.................... but shamefully, I did do that with my mother.
- Rosalie was my source of inspiration for all of the running I have done over the years. I went to visit her in California, and her and Richard were jogging every day. [They were in their late 20-early 30's at the time] I said to myself "If Rosalie can do that, I can do that". I have been doing it ever since.
- Rosalie has raised 5 of the most wonderful children. 4 beautiful girls and 1 handsome son. Two children live in California and the rest in Utah.
- She loves and adores her grandchildren......I think she has 15 with one on the way. .....[Hope that wasn't a secret]
- Nikki and Aaron lived in Rosalie and Richard's basement apartment when they first got married, [the same apartment my grandmother lived in]. Later, R & R turned it into an office....thanks R & R for your kindness to Nik.
- Oh ya, I forgot to tell you that Rosalie and Richard bought the family home after mom moved out and completely redid it. It is beautiful and fun to go visit...mom and dad would be so proud.
- A few years ago Rosalie and I took dance lessons together [Tap] at the old "Pat and Ray"s Dance Studio" on 13th street. [I took lessons there as a little girl]. We were in a dance review together. She practiced every day and was really good. I just got by...] I was 55 and well, you get the picture....
- The next year she still wanted to take lessons and so she took from someone in Pleasant View [sorry, can't advertise cause this feeble mind has forgotten who she took from] Carolyn and I went to her dance review at the Egyptian Theater and was really proud of her. They dressed as mimes [sp]. Can you imagine how hard it would be to dance if you couldn't hear the music!! She is amazing. I wish I had a picture of her in her dance costume. Maybe I can Kype one from her.
- She is famous now in the town of Pleasant View as they asked her to perform her dance at a Ward Relief Society Talent Show....she is that good and remember .....was over 60 when she did this.
- Rosalie is still an inspiration to me as she goes to the gym with Richard, and her daughter Tamara everyday. She does aerobic exercises [ugh] and body pump, and body sculpting. I am proud of her. ......but it is just too much to live up to.
- Rosalie and Richard have a wonderful marriage full of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and lead wonderful lives of service to others. She has been the compassionate service leader in her ward and has planned over 100 funerals....and that my Friends ... is the truth......
- I want to grow up to be just like her.......thanks for being born Rosalie........... [but I really wish you would have handed me down your "Muffy Doll" collection]
I know........I just can't let go......
Love YOU....Hope your day was happy!!!!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: Some of this seems vaguely familiar and so if I have already said all these wonderful things about Rosalie in a previous post, then please just "thank" me for not making you go back and find it....and don't embarras me by telling me.... "You already said that."
4 comments:
Love you Aunt Rosalie. Hope you have a Happy Birthday.
Mom, in that first picture you look like farrah.
One more thing that Aunt Rosalie has a one-up on you: She has a Facebook profile.
I wasn't trying to hide behind Priscila's identity, I just didn't realize that the computer was signed in to her account.
What is Facebook.....I'm old remember??
Post a Comment