Need I say more?
My mother used to "itch" all the time. They never did know why, but she bathed in "Sarna" lotion....literally ......
For those of you that do not know, "Sarna" is a medicated lotion that has a certain unique "smell".
Sort of a cross between Mentholatum and Jergens.
Bless her heart, her feet used to itch so bad that she would have to get up in the middle of the night and soak her feet in Epsom salt and then lather on the "Sarna" lotion. She used to scratch so hard that her wafer thin skin would bleed.
Well, my skin isn't "wafer thin" yet, but I have had a rash on the back of my neck and arms and the front of my legs for about 3 weeks now. Nothing worked to ease the "itch". So Doug rescued me and picked up this "Sarna" lotion.
Now, if I close my eyes, I can "smell" my mom and feel empathy for her years and years of suffering with the "itches". Mom, I wish you were here and I would rub that lotion on your battered skin with a tenderness that I never knew back then. There is something about "Sarna" that takes me back and makes me miss you mom.
Miss you, Love you, hope they have "Sarna" in Heaven.
Well, I bet Heaven is a "Sarna Free World" where no one has to "itch"!!!
3 comments:
Wow, I'm amazed that dad would buy that for you. He's definitely in love with you. Though when he handed it to you I can imagine him giving some sort of smart remark with a big smirk on his face. Am I right?
I was at a fabric store recently and the clerk was wearing perfume that you used to wear. I happened to glance at her name tag and saw that her name was Colleen! I got a big smile on my face and I was taken back. I loved it.
Well "sarna" means "mange" in Spanish. Not that you're a dog or anything.
PS. Dogs in Argentina with "sarna" would literally scratch themselves to death so it sounds like your lotion is a brier rabbit or some kind of experiment in reverse-psychology.
HECK to the YES! Scentsy candle versus the the smell of Sarna. Which scent will crush the other. Can't wait to find out. I have to admit that it is nice to have memories attached to products. It helps us remember the people we love that have passed on. I always think of grandma when I take the time to peel an apple.
Post a Comment