Sunday, November 16, 2008

Four out of Seven and counting.............

I can't believe it........I've got four of my seven fake Christmas trees up. Hold on now, don't freak!! I don't decorate them until after Thanksgiving, and I have cut back from nine , so give me a break. I start early and it helps to use the weekends to get a head start. I just love the lights and the holidays. Here is a little preview:


This one is temporarily on the landing before you go upstairs but will land in the Dining room after Thanks giving. Colored lights. I decorate it with all the hodge podge of homeade decorations from when the kids were little including mirrors with their cute little faces in the middle, shrink art, pipe cleaners wreaths, and Relief Society Santa's.

Trivia: Did you know that pipe cleaners really were used to clean pipes [smoking pipes that is]. My mom used to use them to clean the tubes in her hearing aids.....and you thought they were just for crafts!

This is actually two trees. You just can't see the little one next to it. This one has white lights and I decorate it with my really cool ornaments. These are a collection of Santa's , snowmen, and birds. Every year for Holly's Birthday we go to Gardner Village for lunch [Archibalds] and I go to the Christmas shop there where they have really great glass birds that clip on the tree. They are pretty pricey, but I get two or three a year. The tree does not look like much now, but it looks really fab when it is all docorated. I will have to do a before and after.....notice the cute little shadow in these pictures? That is Farrah. We used the flash for the next photo so you could see her. She really dolls up a tree doesn't she. I think we'll keep her.........

1 comment:

Carly said...

What an angel.... ha, ha. Farrah keeps saying "Grandma do it" when she sees the trees all lit up.