Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Lake Powell: Fun, Food, Friends, Fabulous
Here is "Lake Powell" in pictures. We went in at Antelope Point Marina. Totally spoiled. Stayed in the Marina the first night. Took a tour of the Antelope Slot Canyons with Leonard as our guide. Had two Houseboats, the Big Dog and a rental with a hot tub and slippery slide. Brenda hauled down Pat's 28 foot "Sleek" boat.We also had four jet ski's. Docked at "Cookie Jar". There was lots of swimming, and skiing, and jet skiing, and laughing, and crying, and movies, and eating, and eating, and eating. Those who went with us in Brenda's truck were Denise Powell, Debra Humphreys, Brenda Carnahan, myself and Nancy Mahuika. The Big Dog has 7 bedrooms, 3 baths down stairs, a kitchen, living room, family room and bathroom on the main level and a Master Bedroom and Bathroom on the next level, plus another bathroom and small kitchen on the same level. We slept on top so we could watch the stars and bats and because it was really cold in our air conditioned bedrooms. Nancy is my friend/relative who I met when I lived in Hawaii. We have kept in touch over the years. Both her and Patrice and Denise have all lost their husbands to heart attacks or cancer in the last few years. They bonded. Nancy gave me the beautiful Lava Lava I am wearing in the pictures. It is from Tahiti. Patrice took as many as wanted to go up to Rainbow bridge one day. I learned to knit wash rags from Debra while I was there. I am not a real water buff but loved the company, the fun, and the friends. There were about 38 of us from all walks of life. The young girls [30's] who were guests of Patrice's daughter Michelle went skinny dipping [rebels]. They rocked on the rental boat every night complete with mirror ball and rock music. Any one over 50 were in bed while they rocked out. I hiked every morning, but just short hikes to see the sun come up or enjoy the beauty. Seriously, How did God do that? Lake Powell is just an incredible place to visit. We only had one mishap, lost the "Sleek" boat we were towing on the way back into the Marina [who tied that knot anyway?] Thanks Patrice for the memories and for your unselfish and giving heart. And thanks to your brother for his generosity as well. Till next time.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Colleena - Good to see you this morning. Looks like you had a sweet set up at LP. Now I'm craving orange rolls and a tan. Hey, I was thinking, if you ever need a hiking buddy, I'm game. You probably go early enough that it won't be too hard for Kirk to watch the li'l ones. Call me sometime.
Party central! I'm glad you had a good time. I'm still a little sad you didn't knit me a sweater. Maybe next time. Love you.
I think it is so great that you still get together with all of your friends and do a fun trip. I remember you taking those trips back in the library days. What an incredible boat that you stayed on! you got some awesome pictures too! makes me want to go to Lake Powell. Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment